Thursday, July 24, 2008

Shifting Sands

Matthew 7:25-27 (New International Version)

25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.







So here are a few more Cooper Lake pictures...these are of my kids or my great nieces and nephews, as we were all there together. I love to watch kids play in the sand. It reminds me of my own childhood, when I would spend what seemed like hours just playing in sand...scooping it into and out of buckets, making castles, moats, towns, whatever I fancied at the time. Something inevitably would happen and shift the sand, collapsing my creations and forcing me to start anew. It's a lot like life, sand. We are constantly shifting about in life, and sometimes things make us take stock of who we are and where we are heading, and sometimes we have to start anew. Here's to staying on firm foundations and living like He wants us to live, even in uncertain times.

No comments: