Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday Doldrums

Psalm 25:15-17 (New International Version)

15 My eyes are ever on the LORD,
for only he will release my feet from the snare.

16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.

17 The troubles of my heart have multiplied;
free me from my anguish.





Another not-much-of-anything-special-to-do day today...which is great because school and work are just around the corner. Cleaned house this morning, but I still need to vacuum. Picked up J.P. and Clay's friends in Quinlan so they could spend the night, and their two friends down the street are here as well. It's a house full of kids...I better have some ibuprofen on standby! ;)

I've been kind of down the past couple of days... I think I'm just feeling lonely and sorry for myself. I really miss being married, or at least being part of a couple. Having someone to share your life with is taken for granted by so many people...I know I took it for granted before he died. I regret that but there's not much I can do about it now except not to make that same mistake again, if ever given the opportunity to share my life with someone again. I just miss that close companionship...the fact that you know someone is there to talk to or cry with or just be with, doing nothing at all. Like I said, I'm just feeling sorry for myself today and probably need to double my dosage of Lexapro. ;) Truth be told, I need to call on Jesus to help pull me up. I am not praying as much as I would like to and that's my own fault.

Gotta start thinking about back-to-school shopping for the kids. I have their school supply lists, which are each about as long as my arm. I probably ought to have the credit card at the ready along with extra ibuprofen and Lexapro for that trip. :)

2 comments:

D said...

We had a do-nothing Saturday here too. I'm trying to squeeze every bit of summer I can before
August 4, and that includes being LAZY as much as possible.

Jill said...

Blessings to you Laurie-->