Thursday, July 17, 2008

Beauty in the Everyday

Romans 1:16 (New International Version)

16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.









When you look at all the beauty in the world surrounding us, how can anyone deny God's very existence, much less be ashamed to share the gospel with others?

These are all flowers I've shot in the past couple of years in various local spots...you can see my whole floral portfolio (and my other portfolios) at DPChallenge if you'd like.

Today's been a day of laundry and cleaning...oh joy. Seems like every time I pick something up two more somethings appear in its place. The joys of parenthood! ;)

Went to the post office, and for the first time in recorded history, there was NO line. Of course it was 4:15 so I guess I was right before the last-minute rush, but it was nice to pop in and out in just a few minutes. I then had to go to Wally World, which was not nearly as pleasant an experience, but necessary nonetheless. I had a hankering for stuffed baked potatoes, so we bought potatoes and such for supper. We decided on bbq to go in them, and they were very good. Even the kids liked them.

Now I have packing and planning to look forward to...we're going camping at Cooper Lake next week. I am not much of a camper, but we're going to make it work. My sister and I have rented two "shelters with amenities" (i.e. air conditioning and electricity) for three days so we can at least be in some sort of comfort. It will be me, my three kids, my oldest son's best friend, my sister, and her EIGHT grandchildren. What a crew. I think we might have lost our minds....I'll let you know for sure soon. ;)

4 comments:

Tommy said...

wonderful flower pictures.

Maria said...

I would prefer to go to each one of you and leave a personal comment, but unfortunately or perhaps not, each week there are more of us participating. People of every corner of the world joined in a unique will – to see and share sky watch.
So, this week in order to leave a comment in the most blogs, I had to write a single message to all of you.
One thing I must say: I did really see your skies and enjoyed them all.
See you next week! :-)

Loved your beautiful flowers!!!

Tom said...

The pictures are very beautiful.. and deserve praise, but I came here from a link off Sky Watch... have you forgotten the picture:O)

SandyCarlson said...

These are wonderful photos.