Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's nice to go on vacation, but it's GREAT to be back home!

Isaiah 40:29 (New International Version)

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.










Whew...I'm back and I survived three days in the wilderness. Ok, so it was air-conditioned wilderness, but if you have to hike a quarter mile to the bathroom and shower, it's WILDERNESS in my book. ;)

We had a great time, even though it was HOT. If you've never been to Cooper Lake State Park, it's worth the 75 mile drive. It's between Sulphur Springs and Paris, so it's not really that far, and it's gorgeous. We saw all kinds of wildlife, we swam, hiked, fished, and played, and the kids loved cooking over a fire (I have to admit that s'mores are good, even in the dead of summer). I only took 1,480 pictures (really), so I will have to get them pared down and processed so you can see our adventures. I've only posted a few, but you can see how beautiful this place is (as well as two of my great-nieces who posed in the top photo)!

There's lots more to come, but I'm tired and ready to sleep in my own bed. Thanks for stopping by and reading...and thanks to Jim for the link on Terrell Daily Photos! :)


4 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Nice pictures, I have driven past Cooper Lake, thats about it.

Colette said...

Hey Laurie!
I love the photo of the raccoon! This would be a great stock image. (imo of course:)

Colette/colyla

brian stout said...

some really amazing captures on your trip! very nice...

Jeannelle said...

Wow......I love the photo of the tree lying in the water. Thoughtprovoking.