Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Weight Watchers Wendesday

So after three full weeks on the Weight Watchers plan, I've lost 15 pounds. F-I-F-T-E-E-N pounds! Yay me! I have to put that into perspective, into terms I can visualize. Two full-term newborns. Two gallons of milk. That's a lot! I'm so excited to be experiencing success and to still feel so motivated to lose more.

However...

I can't escape the feeling of "waiting for the other shoe to drop," so to speak. I keep thinking this is just too easy. The scales must be wrong. It can't be as simple as this. It can't be just eating better and moving more. Am I the only one who has felt this way? I think it's ingrained, from a lifetime of going up and down the scale so much I ought to have whiplash. I mean, seriously...who in their right mind is excited to get up early in the morning to go walk a mile or two? I really feel better in the mornings when I get my walk in first thing. I look forward to it in the evenings because it's a few minutes of peace. Plus I have to hear the next chapter of my book (currently in the middle of Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer).

I know it won't always be this easy. I know I will have to slow it down a bit because losing enough to accomplish this first goal probably consisted of a lot of fluid and a lot swelling that would naturally come off easier. I'm praying that I stay motivated and excited even when the losses come in numbers like .8 or .25. A loss is a loss, you know. Until then though, I'm relishing earning my little star stickers. :)

No comments: