Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Off and Running

Acts 20:7
On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight.

Back to work yesterday...and it was great to be back. I was afraid I'd be all discombobulated from being on vacation so long, but it's like a bicycle. ;)

Weight Watchers meeting was last night...and my first weigh in. I'll have to let you know the results on Wednesday, but it's good, so look for that coming this week.

Band practice is every morning at 7:00 now...they go 7-11 and then 1:30-3:30. Two a days, if you will. The show is going to be AWESOME this year. The music is "Scheherazade" from 1001 Nights. I can't wait to hear it every morning from my office at the high school. They practice right behind my building so I always hear it. I wish I was musically inclined, but unfortunately, I can't even play the triangle. ;) I'll try to get a shot of them practicing and then post it up for today.

J.P. came home from camp yesterday afternoon. He had a wonderful time and was completely hoarse. He said he lost his voice screaming for the band and screaming at the girls to be quiet. ;) He told me about the fun things they did, and then told me about the groups and their meetings and devotionals. He learned 11 new bible verses. He also opened up and told me that in one group they discussed fears, and his fear right now is when André goes off to college and leaves him here...he said he won't have another guy here to "teach him how to do stuff." He actually cried. It was so sweet. Most of the time they just fight like cats and dogs...but I know deep down they love each other and that J.P. looks up to André very much.

No comments: