Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beaver's Bend Trip, Part One

“I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws.”- Psalm 119:30

My boys and I went on vacation a couple of weeks ago to Beaver's Bend State Park near Broken Bow, Oklahoma. We had an incredible time there. We went kayaking, canoeing, hiking, swimming, and just really enjoyed each other's company for the week. Over the next few days I'll post up some photos I really love from the trip. Hope you enjoy them, even though they are from my point and shoot and not my "big gun."

The selection today are shots from kayaking and canoeing on the Mountain Fork River. I had never done either one of those, so it was a first for me and for the younger two boys. André and Jeramey had before, of course, so they were pros. We went canoeing first, and that was so beautiful!! The weather was not unbearably hot, and the river was ICE cold. The scenery was just spectacular. Kayaking was on days two and three, and maybe even four. I was scared, because I thought I'd tip it over or never be able to get out of the silly thing...but I was wrong. It was the best thing ever. I LOVE it. I might even have to buy us some kayaks to take to the lake or go on river trips with. SOOOO much fun!

We can't wait to go back!













1 comment:

Jim Klenke said...

That looks like fun, and the scenery is beautiful.