Tuesday, August 5, 2008

His Promise

Genesis 9:13 (New International Version)

13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.




Here are two shots of the beautiful double rainbow over our quaint little town this evening...one from my front yard (I love how it frames my home) and one from the back yard (hate the power lines but whatcha gonna do). You can't really see the second rainbow except for in the bottom shot, but it's there and it was gorgeous. The cooler temperatures were nice too...I have been sweating like a pig the past couple of weeks in those triple-digit temps. Maybe that tropical storm will bring us some relief for a day or two.

What a beautiful reminder of God's love for us. I always think of Him when I see rainbows. Ezekiel 1:28 says "Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking." The radiant beauty of a rainbow shows me the beauty of His love and His promise to us. If we have that fleeting beauty here on Earth, can you just imagine what Heaven will be like?

6 comments:

brian stout said...

very nice pics, both of them! i actually got some shots of the rainbow too, but none turned out as neat as yours! the angle really looks neat on this...

alicesg said...

Wow double rainbow. It been so long that I last saw a rainbow and you are so lucky to see double rainbows. Nice photos.

Jill said...

How special that shot of the rainbow framing your house. Wonderful to see and great to actually get some shots of it.

D said...

Wow, beautiful!

Annie said...

wow..that was amazing..wonderful shots! Thank you

Annie

Lynette said...

Wonderful photos--I'm so glad that you were in the right place at the right time so that you could get both of them. I also enjoyed browsing through your blog--your photos are so very good, all of them.

I too am a widow. My husband died in 1983 when our sons were four and seven. It's not an easy road, but one walks the way one life takes us, making the best of each step. You and your sons certainly seem to be doing that.