Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tranquili-Tea

Titus 2:3-5 (New International Version)

3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.


Today was our church's "Tranquili-Tea" for our Women's Ministry program. We had about 90 women from ages 14 to 88 at the event. We gathered to fellowship, pray, and refresh friendships new and old. We had a wonderful guest speaker, Vickie Kraft, who was inspiring and educational.

One of the highlights of the event was that each table's hostess decorated the table with her own style and her own china/place settings. There were 14 tables, each as beautiful and different as the women decorating them. I took many pictures of the settings and of the event. There is even one of my friends Julie and Lisa with me (I'm in the middle). I hope you enjoy them.

What a beautiful event, and an even more beautiful bond of friendship. I am so blessed to be friends with Kristi Lowrie and Karen Brockway, without whom none of this would have been possible today. God is so good all the time. :)


















3 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

The table settings do look nice, but I think I like the cookies. :-)

D said...

These photos are beautiful. What a wonderful event. I love that everyone shared their personal touches and china!

brian stout said...

beautiful table settings! what a neat idea =)