Sunday, October 12, 2008

Conquering Fear
















Job 39:22

22 He laughs at fear, afraid of nothing;
he does not shy away from the sword.


It's been six weeks since I've posted...so much has been going on with home stuff, school stuff, church stuff, LIFE stuff...it's so hard to get everything done in just 24 hours a day! I haven't had my camera out that entire time for the most part, until yesterday. I have to share with you some pictures from the adventure some folks in my Sunday School class took, and I was there to document the event for posterity's sake!

There was a group of six of us who traveled an hour and a half to New York, TX, which is about fifteen minutes the other side of Athens...and went to visit www.goziptexas.com to ride the cables in the trees!! Zip lining is a fairly new sport to Texas, and this is one of the few places in Texas to get a true zip line experience. They have nine lines, and the longest is 900 feet long. Imagine hanging 2 or three stories up in the trees, zipping down a cable hooked to a harness around your rear end. I thought they were nuts...but I digress. I still have some unconquered fear to deal with, so I opted out of zipping this time. I took tons of pictures and have decided that I will do it myself next time I go.

The place is just GORGEOUS. If anyone says there is no God, they need to go there and just look at the breathtaking beauty around them on top of that hill. It was so peaceful. It was such a blessing to go with good friends to experience such a great time.

It's kinda pricey...$60.00 for six lines, $80.00 for all nine, but worth every penny according to my friends. Go and judge for yourself...I'll doubt you regret it!

3 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

That looks like fun. I think I could do it after maybe getting past the first one.

D said...

Looks like fun! Welcome Back to the blogosphere. :)

Tricia and Anthony said...

Wow! That looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing your pictures. I'm ready to head to New York!