Monday, September 1, 2008

The Pride of Terrell

Psalm 81:2 (New International Version)

2 Begin the music, strike the tambourine,
play the melodious harp and lyre.

Here they are...the Fighting Tiger Band 2008. This is the first movement of their new halftime show, "Africa - Ceremony, Song, and Ritual." The song is called "Primitive Fire." You will also see the Color Guard and the sweethearts of Terrell, the Tigerettes.


I was having technical difficulties, so the video ends during the Tigerettes kick routine, right near the end. I apologize...my computer has issues and as soon as I can get it to render the whole thing, I'll repost it. :)

My son is playing in the front ensemble...you'll see me zoom in on him at the beginning, ;)

The kids don't wear their full uniforms until later this month...it's just too blooming hot for them to suffer in all that wool-blended garb.

They will add the second and third movements to the show as they perfect them. They sound really great so far and I have been told that his group is one of the best they've had in recent years. Of course, I'm just a little bit biased. :)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

great video

Kim said...

Laurie,
This is Kim Adam. I had discovered your site before I met you through BPO. It's a great site! Thank you for posting the band/tigerette video. Do you mind if Crystal sends the link to everyone in band so they can see it? I'll talk to you later.
Thanks!

Laurie Black said...

Please feel free to link away...I try to post and update as often as life allows. :)

brian stout said...

nice video!! brings back memories for me, as I used to march in the Duncanville HS band =)