Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Daniel 2:21 (New International Version)

21 He changes times and seasons;
he sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.

So there are some things changing in my life...my kids are getting bigger and more self-sufficient, I've become more and more involved in church and community activities, and I've made a lot more friends with whom I can hang out and go places or do things. All in all, these changes are for the better. I've kept to myself for far too long, mostly out of grief and stress.

I also believe that the Lord has revealed to me that it's OK for me to move forward in another part of my life...I am actually dating someone now. I guess you call it dating...we've been going to eat with the kids or hanging out at the house with the kids for a couple of weeks now. He's asked me if I am interested in dating him, and I said yes. We've never been anywhere alone together yet...I am still kind of apprehensive in some ways about the whole "dating" thing. It's not like it was 20 years ago, then again I'm not who I was 20 years ago either. It seems so weird to me. I guess when you are with a person for almost 18 years and then in an instant they are gone, anyone else would seem strange to be around. I think it's best that we get to know one another as great friends first and foremost. Maybe I'm scared...or worried about the boys...or all of the above. God will let me know what to do in His time, I'm certain.

Anyway, enough babble. Here are a few more pictures from the pumpkin patch. These little faces are what make everything worthwhile!! :)





3 comments:

D said...

What precious pictures of little pumpkin angels!
Good for you Laurie. Take your time and do what makes you happy.
God will be there guiding all the way!

Tricia and Anthony said...

Yes. God will definitely guide you the whole way.

What sweet photos of your little munchkins. Grandchildren, I presume?

Laurie Black said...

No, no grandchildren yet...my oldest is only 14 so there better not be any for a long time!! ;) These cuties are ones who attend the day care where I work.