Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Busy week!

I've been very busy this past weekend and week...we took a Memorial Day trip to Oklahoma City/Stillwater/McAlester and had a wonderful time. The boys and I got to go through the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial Museum and had an amazing experience seeing the site firsthand. I highly recommend it for you and your family.

As a result of being busy on the road, I haven't had much bargain shopping to do. I did find a great deal on a gorgeous Liz Claiborn carry-on travel bag and matching crossbody purse (BOTH for $57) at the Allen Premium Outlets. I also got a great BOGO deal on Van's shoes for my 11 year old at the same mall. I think we got two pairs of $60 shoes for $48 total. Not bad at all!

I chaperoned a couple of field trips this week, both to the Dallas Museum of Art. Today I bought a few gorgeous prints in the DMA Store, all clearanced out from the previous gallery exhibit "Through the Lens of Impressionism." I got about 6 5x7 prints from Monet and Manet, and one 8x10 print from Monet. All together the total was $10. I recently redid my living room in beachy, oceanic colors so all these impressionistic beach scenes will fit right in!! I would have never thought to look there for prints for my house. Just goes to show that bargains are to be had EVERYWHERE.

I've gotten several great samples and coupons in the mail this week from places I've registered with online. I got a sample size of Secret Clinical Strength, Purex 3 in 1, eb5 Facial Cream, a Neti Pot, and a great FREE coupon for a Yoplait YoPlus 4pack of yogurt.

Heading to Las Vegas soon...hope to have some great bargains to report from there as well. ;)