Saturday, May 22, 2010

Deals and Steals

In the past week or so, I was able to score free deodorant, free dog food, free cat food, free pens, free make-up, and almost-free facial cleanser, cat treats, hair spray, conditioner, shampoo, and razors. I've also gotten quite a few great free samples in the mail. How am I doing all this? Coupons, baby. Printable, cuttable, cell-phoneable coupons.

Here are some of the best coupon and deal sites I've found:

www.coupons.com
www.redplum.com
www.moneysavingmom.com
www.mydfwmommy.com
www.couponmom.com
www.wickedcooldeals.com

What's great about a couple of the sites (namely moneysavingmom and mydfwmommy) is that the deals can be categorized by store, so if you know you're going to CVS, you can see what's on sale, what coupons and extra care buck rewards are available, and print what you need to be able to get the deal. I have been so impressed by their blogs and their attention to detail that I had to share it with you.

A couple of examples of my favorite sales this week: I went to Target this morning and bought 4 large cans of Pedigree dog food, 4 regular cans of Whiskas cat food, and a bag of Friskies cat treats. I had some BOGO coupons and a dollar off coupon, so I spent a grand total of $2.88. On Wednesday I went to Dollar General and bought 4 Suave 24 Hour Protection deodorants (full sized) and actually got back $.24 in change...because the coupons I had were $3.00 off 2, and the deodorant was on sale for $1.50 each!

Of course, your mileage may vary, but each time I come across a really good deal, I will post it here or link you to it from another blog so that you can take advantage of the sale or coupon. Happy shopping!

No comments: