Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Little of This, A Little of That, and a lot of Music!

Judges 5:3
"Hear this, you kings! Listen, you rulers! I will sing to the LORD, I will sing; I will make music to the LORD, the God of Israel.

I have been a non-blogger the past two weeks. I had to let school start and immerse myself back into the routine of it all. Hopefully things are back down to a fair sense of normal, whatever the heck that is. ;)

Football is in full swing now, and the Terrell Tigers are 2-0. Wow! I am so proud of our team. I'm also proud of the band, the colorguard, the Tigerettes...they make us shine and I am thrilled to be a part of it all every week.

I have not posted my last two Weight Watchers Wednesdays...I feel awful! But I have been losing weight still; 19.4 pounds as of last week. I'm on a roll and don't intend to stop for at least 70 or so more pounds.

Anyway, on to the topic of local music. I was able to get in a promo shoot with the guys from "Hey Jersey" this weekend, and caught their show at The Adelaide (along with three other local bands). The talent all our kids seem to possess is incredible. If you ever have an opportunity to see a show at this particular venue, I highly recommend it. Mark Nichols runs a very tight ship at The Adelaide and the kids who come to the shows are well behaved and are there to have a great time with some awesome local music and hang out with their friends. My son filled in as a bass player for "Horseshoes and Hand Grenades" and did a great job with that, I think. I took a lot of pictures of the bands...some samples follow below. To see the whole shebang, you have to check out my facebook page. ;)

Horeshoes and Hand Grenades:






Hey Jersey:







Hey Jersey Promo Shoot:



No comments: